Hi Three to Five Tribe! I love my overnight oats and chia seed pudding, but as I have adopted a Whole30 pescatarian lifestyle this Lenten season, I have been dabbling with some new recipe ideas. It was frustrating at first, but I am having a lot of fun with it now. Although I miss my regular morning go-to meal of overnight oats, I have successfully developed a brand new recipe that is basically like licking the spoon after you whip up a batch of your favorite brownies. (You’re welcome). Here is my original recipe for a Grain-Free Brownie Batter Breakfast Bowl.
Grain-Free Brownie Batter Breakfast Bowl
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Marine Collagen *Optional, but I like an added addition of protein, especially after a morning workout.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds *Optional
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder *I really like chocolate, so if you prefer a less decadent and rich chocolatey flavor, opt for fewer teaspoons of cocoa powder.
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 scoops cashew butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibbs *Like I said, I really, really like chocolate so this is completely optional.
- Ceylon Cinnamon
1.) Mix the coconut flour, collagen, cocoa powder and water into a cereal bowl. If you prefer a chilled breakfast, pop mixture into the fridge for 20-30 minutes or if you prefer a hot breakfast, pop mixture in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Your choice!
2.) Top Brownie Batter Breakfast Bowl with cashew butter, banana slices, cocoa nibbs and Ceylon Cinnamon then enjoy!
Enjoying this Brownie Batter Breakfast Bowl three to five days a week