“I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Anne of Green Gables
Hi Three to Five Tribe! It’s finally October. (Yay!) October is my absolute favorite month of the year and for good reason. There’s apple picking, bone broth, cooler temperatures, colorful foliage, crisp fall days, football, sweater weather and let’s not forget the best part of fall – pumpkins!
Whether you enjoy sipping on a homemade pumpkin spiced latte or enjoy baking up an irresistible pumpkin pie, try incorporating a scoop of pumpkin in your favorite overnight oats recipe.
*This recipe is especially good if you are looking for fuel post-workout. Since pumpkins are high in potassium, they make for a good recovery snack after an intense work out. Hello electrolytes.
- 1-2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds – Optional
- 1/4 cup of water to a plant-based milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1.5 -2 tsp pumpkin pie spice – I like a lot of flavor, so I usually use 2 tsp.
- 1-2 tbsp natural peanut butter or your favorite nut or seed butter of choice or go nut free with this option
- 1 -2 tbsp cocoa nibbs– Optional
- Dash of cinnamon – Optional
1.) Place gluten-free oats, chia seeds, collagen peptides (optional), nut milk, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and mix together then place in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to eat, add nut or seed butter, cocoa nibbs and cinnamon then enjoy!
Enjoying these sweet & savory overnight oats three to five days a week,