Hi Three to Five Tribe! Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and whether you are celebrating solo, with your gal pals or with your very own Valentine, I have the best Valentine’s Day dessert that is good for any day of the year. Bonus: It’s Whole30 approved and Keto friendly.
Homemade Strawberry Bowl
Although chocolate covered strawberries are a traditional Valentine’s Day treat, why not make the day even more decadent than with a homemade strawberry bowl. It’s easy and totally customizable to your tastebuds. Here’s everything you need:
- Organic Strawberries
- Organic Blueberries – Optional
- Organic Raspberries – Optional
- Organic Blackberries – Optional
- Nut Butter – My favorite nut butter is cashew butter, but you could also use almond butter, macadamia nut butter, pistachio butter, walnut butter or even your favorite type of seed butter like hemp seed butter, pumpkin seed butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Cocoa Nibbs
- Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut Flakes or Chia Seeds – Optional
- Cardamom – Optional
1.) Select your desired amount of fresh, organic berries then rinse in cool water. Shake and/or pat dry then cut off the berry stems and leaves. Slice larger strawberries in half.
2.) Place all berries in a bowl then add one (or two) spoonfuls of your favorite nut butter.
3.) Top berry bowl with a sprinkle of cocoa nibbs and/or unsweetened, shredded coconut flakes or chia seeds for an added crunch of texture.
4.) Add a dusting of your favorite spices like cinnamon and/or cardamom.
5.) Grab a spoon and enjoy!
No matter how you decide to celebrate V-Day this year, use this recipe for an easy yet deliciously sweet treat that makes for the perfect Valentine’s Day (or any day of the year) dessert.
Enjoying this homemade berry bowl three to five spoonfuls at a time,