Hi Three to Five Tribe! Over the summer, I decided to adopt more of a plant-based lifestyle . When it coms to eating these days my new rule of thumb can best be summed up by Michael Pollan, “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” Nowadays, my meals are mostly centered around plants with animal protein playing more of a supporting role than the main event. (Heck , for Thanksgiving my plate was covered in so many vegetables you could barely spot the turkey!) I have recently been asked what these plant-based meals look like so today I want to share with you some of my weekly go-to recipes for living a plant-based life.
Plant-Based Meal Ideas
Please note that some of these meals do include an animal protein source like fish, which technically is not part of a plant-based diet. However, after I decreased my consumption of animal sources (i.e. chicken, pork, beef) I have noticed my body feels its best when I feed it animal protein in the form of seafood, which is why many of my meal recommendations include fish.
- Bone Broth + (1) Scoop of Collagen Peptides
- Wild Caught Salmon + Roasted Brussel Sprouts + Sweet potatoes (This is my personal fav).
- Grilled Chicken + Roasted Broccoli. Since the broccoli is the start of the show, I usually roast 2-3 heads and enjoy 1/2 grilled chicken breast as a side to compliment the meal.
- Broccoli + Nutritional Yeast. Nutritional yeast is a complete protein on its own so the protein + the fiber from the broccoli can (and will) keep you surprisingly full.
- Cauliflower Rice + Mushrooms + Snow Peas + Broccoli + Soy Ginger Cod Fillets (Courtesy of Trader Joe’s of course).
- Homemade Mexican Taco Bowls
These are just a few of my plant-based meals, but I would love to hear what plant-based meals look like for you. Tell me in the comments below or tag me on Insta @312ChicagoBlonde.
Enjoying plant-based meals three to five days a week,