Hi Three to Five a Day Tribe! Most people want to know what’s the best way to live a healthy lifestyle, but what I’ve come to learn is it’s rather simple, we just like to make it more complicated than it needs to be – why is that?! What’s the secret to living a healthy lifestyle?
Listen to Your Body
It sounds simple, but listening to your body is the best way to live a healthy life. That’s right! I have learned over the past 3-4 years that when I tune into my body and listen to it, I can live my healthiest life. For me, this includes:
- Meditating daily for 20 minutes.
- Eating real, whole foods or what I have come to call “label-less” foods.
- Eating plant based foods as much as possible including fish and only consuming chicken and/or red meat once a week.
- Practicing a high fat, low carb lifestyle.
- Treating myself to foods I enjoy, but only when I really (really) want them. If I don’t, I have a to go over board and binge.
- Finding a way to move every single day, which usually includes long, slow walks outside along the iconic Chicago lakefront.
- Lifting heavy weights in the gym 2-3 days a week.
- Taking 2-3 solid rest days to properly recover.
- Unwinding every night by 9pm. (That means no TV or technology after 9pm and instead of mindlessly scrolling Insta, I grab a book).
- Getting 8-9 hours of sleep every night.
I learned this all through a lot of trial and error, but remember, you are your own science experience. What works for me may not work for you because as I like to say, “Everybody and every body is different.” Don’t be afraid to dabble with your lifestyle, so you can live your healthiest life. How will you know what works best for you? Listen to your body!
Live your healthiest life three to five meals at a time,