“All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
Hi Three to Five Tribe! Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and if you are still searching for the perfect gift for your Valentine, consider chocolate. I am not talking about that crappy Russel Stover chocolate. I am talking about real chocolate.
Cacao nibbs are seeds from the cacao tree. As cacao nibbs are in their natural state, they are less refined than other types of chocolate, making this chocolate chalked full of nutrition.
- Antioxidants. Cacao nibbs claim to fame is their flavonoid properties. A flavonoid is an antioxidant, potentially preventing disease and ailments.
- Heart Health. Cacao nibbs can lower blood pressure helping improve heart health. ❤
- Low in calories. 1 ounce of cacao nibbs are only about 130 calories in comparison to even 1 ounce of dark chocolate, which is 160 calories.
- Full of fiber. Cacao nibbs are full of fiber, ultimately slowing digestion and promoting fullness. (9 grams of fiber per 1 ounce to be exact).
- Magnesium. Magnesium is needed for muscle and nerve function and cacao nibbs are naturally high in magnesium.
- Iron. Iron helps in the production of red blood cells. 1 ounce of cacao nibbs accounts for 6% of your daily recommended iron intake.
- Mood Enhancement. Chocolate increases the production of serotonin, causing feelings of happiness. Whoever said chocolate causes happiness was 100% right.
A bag of cacao nibbs goes for roughly $12 at Whole Foods, so save yourself from the high “day before V-Day prices” and pick up a bag for your Valentine!
Helpful Hint: Look for these nutritional nibbs in the baking section, but be sure to read the label and pick up “raw” cacao nibbs not “sweetened” cacao nibbs because then you will be eating added sugar.
Trust me, your Valentine will love them (and you of course). Sending lots of love this Valentine’s Day holiday!
Live Healthy, Happy & Fabulously,